Sunday 4 December 2016

Sketches of the Day: 28th - 04th

This is my second post dedicated to my daily sketches. It was harder to complete this week and I found myself using byro pen more often as I'd often forget until last minute and use what was in my backpack at the time. This is because it is the end of term and I'm quite busy, but I'm glad I made time for them. I've enjoyed it as it serves as a visual diary and is interesting to look at, at the end of the week.

28.11.16
Feet on Bed
Byro

This drawing was done on my bed before I went to sleep. I'd forgotten to do my daily sketch and I thought I'd try drawing myself. I'm pleased with the proportions but wish I'd added more tone. 

29.11.16
The Owl and the Sheep
Byro

This is a drawing of the stuffed animals I have on my bed. It ended up looking really creepy but I like it. I'm pleased with the texture of each individual toy and think it's a good piece.

30.11.16
The Bins
Byro

Here I've drawn the bins in my kitchen. I drew them because one had rubbish in and one didn't and I thought that would look interesting. I like the image as I've added an environment too so it's more together. To make it better I could use a thick fine-liner to add shadow.

01.12.16
Keys and Bear Memory Stick
Watercolour Pencil

Here I've drawn my lanyard, memory stick and keys as they are something I carry with me every day. I have forgotten to add shadow to the piece which lets it down, probably due to rushing it a bit as I did it in the evening. 

02.12.16
Watching a Walk in the Woods
Watercolour Pencil

Here I've drawn my laptop while I was watching a movie for my creative writing studies. It was showing lovely outdoor scenes so I thought it would be interesting to draw my laptop showing them. In hindsight to make in more interesting I would do the laptop, table and background all monochrome and then make the screen a vibrant green to symbolise the idea I was getting across - Irony of admiring nature from a computer screen.

03.12.16
Handbag on Floor
Blue Byro

I drew this as my handbag was overflowing and I thought the viewpoint was different to pieces I've done before. I like this piece I think it's very graphic and I've illustrated parts well. In future maybe I could add more tone. 
04.12.16
My Hand
Blue Byro

Here I've drawn my hand as I wanted to challenge myself a bit. The other sketches this week had been quick easy ones so I thought I'd end on a better note. I really like how it came out I think the proportions are accurate and it looks like my hand. 


No comments:

Post a Comment